"Well, if you feminists want equality then learn to take a punch without bitching! Don’t expect special treatment!"
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 and 44 in the United States alone, more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined. (“Violence Against Women, A Majority Staff Report,” Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, 102nd Congress, October 1992, p.3.) [x]
- In the United States, one woman is beaten by her husband or partner every 15 seconds. (Uniform Crime Reports, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 1991). [x]
- Victims of intimate partner violence lost almost 8 million days of paid work because of the violence perpetrated against them by current or former husbands, boyfriends and dates. This loss is the equivalent of more than 32,000 full-time jobs and almost 5.6 million days of household productivity as a result of violence. (Costs of Intimate Partner Violence Against Women in the United States. 2003. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Centers for Injury Prevention and Control. Atlanta, GA.)
- Women of all races are about equally vulnerable to violence by an intimate partner. (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Violence Against Women: Estimates from the Redesigned Survey, August 1995)
- An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year. [x]
I’m going to fucking shank the next dick who tries telling me equality is about being more eager to be battered by a homicidal psychopath.
i have some unpopular thoughts on the fat acceptance movement / body shaming. i’ve been wanting to make this post for a while now but i’ve been a bit scared of the backlash so i’ll put it under the cut. give me feedback if you want, i’d love to hear other peoples’ experiences with any of these topics.